Full time, permanent position
Warehouse: 333 rue Chabanel Ouest, Suite 705, Montréal, Québec
Altitude Sports is Canada’s largest online retailer of high-end technical clothing. Established in 1999, we carry products from over 430 brands via our online Web stores, Altitude-Sports.com and our liquidation site TheLastHunt.com.
In collaboration with the Director of Operations, the DC Manager will oversee the daily operations of the warehouse, manage the human and material resources, as well as ensure the health and safety of the workplace.
- Plan and manage the daily operations at the DC;
- Maintain and improve KPIs for each department and quickly identify any decline in productivity (picking and shipping, reception, returns)
- Contact, negotiate with, and purchase from our equipment and material suppliers;
- Maintain regular contact and positive business relationships with our transporters;
- Identify issues and recommend improvements in order to maintain the sustainable growth of our operational procedures;
- Develop a five-year plan in order to support organizational growth and strategic development with regards to our business objectives (expansion plans, improving our procedures, identifying automation needs, etc.)
- Participate in planning staffing needs, by hiring new employees in collaboration with the human resources department;
- Oversee performance evaluations, conflict resolution, and apply disciplinary measures when needed;
- Ensure and enforce workplace health and safety rules;
- Prepare and lead group meetings, with supervisors and/or all warehouse employees.
- Degree in Management, Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management
- 5 to 10 years experience in a similar position (supply chain, planning, inventory management, distribution center environment)
- At least 2 years experience in the e-commerce industry;
- At least 5 years experience working with a WMS or an ERP
- 2 to 5 years experience in an automated warehouse setting;
- Great knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Great ease with information systems;
- Excellent relational and communication abilities;
- Experience in personnel management (knowledge of Labour Standards, Health and Safety);
- Bilingual in French and English, spoken and written;
- Experience within the fashion industry (an asset).
Knowledge and Abilities
- An analytical mind and ability to identify key problems and needs;
- Ability to define a strategy and elaborate an action plan;
- Autonomy and ability to manage change.
- Benefits (medical and dental);
- Employee discounts on over 450 brands;
- Friendly working environment;
- Opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- Work with talented and brilliant people!