Altitude Sports is a leading online curator of technical and urban clothing. We sell over 430 brands via our Web stores Altitude-sports.com and TheLastHunt.com.
6-month contractual, full-time position.
Head office: 90 rue Beaubien Ouest, Suite 601A, Montreal, Québec
Running is one of Altitude Sports’ core activities, as showcased by the variety of running-related products sold on our website, as well as through our company culture and initiatives. Altitude Sports’ running club has stepped foot on Montreal’s metropolitan running scene within the last year. Our goal is to become a top player in this community that is in full growth.
The running specialist will be the face of Altitude Sports’ running club. He or she will be the ambassador of the club during various running-related events across the city. This person will spearhead this project by facilitating clinics, overseeing events communications, managing a float of demo running shoes, planning photo and video content creation, and more.
- Promote Altitude Sports’ running club within the running community in Montreal and surrounding area by planning, coordinating and participating in over 200 running events;
- Actively participate in various marketing meetings at Altitude Sports Head Office;
- Create and manage content for our social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.);
- Manage Altitude Sports running club from A to Z (run schedules, contact with runners and participants, float of demo shoes)
- Work alongside elite runners;
- Possibility of supervising 1 to 2 employees;
- Perform all related administrative tasks.
- College Degree in Kinesiology, or any other related field;
- Solid running experience (long distances, marathons, events and competitions);
- Master the technical aspect of running, from shoes to running techniques;
- Have a thorough understanding of the urban running community, both in Montreal (75%) and Quebec City (25%);
- Experience in content creation (written, photo, video), an important asset;
- Ability to work on the road as well as on a variable time schedule (days, evenings and weekends) according to business needs;
- Experience in retail, specific to footwear or running, an important asset;
- Bilingual both in French and in English, spoken and written;
- Class 5 Driver’s license.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent organization and priority-management skills;
- Be autonomous and proactive;
- Recognized for excellent communication skills, both spoken and written (writing, crowd animation, advice-giving, etc.)
- Be outgoing and excited about communicating your passion!
- A welcoming work environment in the heart of Montreal’s Little Italy;
- A staff discount on over 430 brands;
- A flexible schedule;
- The possibility to be part of a young and dynamic team.
Are you ready to be part of this project and hit the ground running? Don’t wait.