Permanent, full-time position.
Head Office: 90 rue Beaubien Ouest, Suite 601A, Montréal, Québec
Altitude Sports is Canada’s largest online retailer of high-end technical clothing. We carry products from over 430 brands on Altitude-sports.com as well as our partner site, TheLastHunt.com.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer , the chosen candidate will ensure that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by the family of digital Products he/she is spearheading. This is inclusive of gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, defining the vision for the product, and collaborating with other directors from the engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met.
The ideal candidate will grow a team of Product Managers, and have matrixed management of a team of developers, UX designers and business stakeholders, the Director of Product Management as well as his/her team. He/she will act as the voice of our customers, managing an ambitious roadmap, and leading the execution of all product initiatives to ensure the delivery of a world-class shopping experience. As this is a new department within the company, the Director will have the opportunity to act as a founding member and develop the internal framework as well as its surrounding team.
- Define the vision and strategy of the product team he/she will be nurturing;
- Layout the foundation of a product driven organization;
- Actively hire and develop a team of high performing Product Managers;
- Directly and indirectly manage a growing team of tech leads, product managers, product owners and UX designers structured in squads;
- Lead Product Managers and internal partners (engineering, design) through the end-to-end implementation of Products and features;
- Develop a metric driven decision making process within the technology and product teams;
- Manage and provide visibility to the executive team on the Product roadmap and achievements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field;
- MBA from a leading academic institution big asset;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant e-commerce work experience in software development;
- Hands on experience in Agile SDLC;
- Strong English and French written and verbal communication skills.
- Benefits package (including medical and dental coverage);
- Employee discounts on nearly 450 brands;
- Friendly working environment in a modern space in Montreal’s Little Italy;
- Opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- Work with talented and brilliant people!