Permanent, full-time position.
Head Office: 90 rue Beaubien Ouest, Suite 601A, Montréal, Québec
Altitude Sports is Canada’s largest online retailer of high-end technical clothing. We carry products from over 430 brands on Altitude-sports.com as well as our partner site, TheLastHunt.com.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Head of Tech Direction will be responsible for defining the technological vision of both Altitude-sports.com and TheLastHunt.com platforms. You will be mandated to enabling a smooth transition to a domain-driven, service-oriented, scalable, responsive and secure architecture . You will also sponsor continuous integration and delivery. This role will be central when it comes to decision-making pertaining to software architecture, technology choices and technology direction. Through a growing team of engineers, you will acquire, design and rollout cutting edge software solutions. The chosen candidate will also help grow the technology team while streamlining the delivery process and software development life cycle.
- Work with the tech team to establish the company’s technical vision;
- Lead the transition towards a service oriented architecture;
- Elaborate and rollout a strategy to ensure that the chosen or developed systems are at the forefront of the latest technologies and yield competitive advantage;
- Conduct architectural reviews, propose solutions, ensure the designs meet requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, and conform to our development standards;
- Ensure the robustness of the architecture, codebase and infrastructure;
- Design data models for high volume data management, real-time and distributed data processing, that aligns with business processes;
- Contribute to the definition of standards across the department and evangelize them through effective communication;
- Layout a strategy to contain and optimize infrastructure fees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- Master’s degree, an asset;
- 10 years experience designing and building software applications in various languages (Nodejs, PHP, C#, Java, Python, etc.);
- 5 years experience with microservice architecture;
- Proficiency with Cloud (AWS/GCP), an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French;
- Ability to influence and drive change;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and master frequently changing web technologies and techniques.
- Benefits package (including medical and dental coverage);
- Employee discounts on nearly 450 brands;
- Friendly working environment in a modern space in Montreal’s Little Italy;
- Opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- Work with talented and brilliant people!