Full time, permanent position
Head Office: 90 Beaubien Street West, Suite 601, Montréal, Québec, H2S 1V6
Altitude Sports is Canada’s leading eCommerce retailer of well-made, on-trend, technical outdoor apparel and urban clothing. We stock 430+ brands and have a partner discount site TheLastHunt.com. We have ambitious goals for growth and want you to become a member of the team that helps us reach them.
We are hiring an English Copywriter to help create well-written, on-brand product descriptions, copy, and blogs for Altitude Sports online and print platforms. This individual should be bilingual with impeccable English spelling and grammar. Experience in either advertising, retail, outdoor sports, eCommerce or digital marketing is a plus. An understanding of relevant trends in technical clothing, streetwear, fashion, and outdoor sports is desirable. In addition, the writer should be able to showcase a strong voice while demonstrating their vision, creativity, and autonomy.
- Create well-written, on-brand content for the following Altitude Sports channels & platforms:
- Web-based product descriptions;
- Relevant, SEO-friendly blogs;
- Stories in collaboration with our brands;
- Content in collaboration with company stakeholders;
- Social media copy;
- Copy for newsletters;
- Written content for our bi-annual magazine;
- Enhanced ‘global copy’ for our website;
- Press releases;
- Help oversee ambassador content;
- Editorial oversight of translated blogs/content;
- Work with internal Marketing, Design and Copy teams to optimize the quality and reach of Altitude Sports’ branded digital footprint.
- 1-3 years of professional Copywriting experience;
- Portfolio of blogs, product descriptions, branded content;
- Perfect English and the ability to communicate in verbal/written French;
- Passion for technical clothing, outdoor gear, and urban fashion;
- Creative, engaged, and autonomous;
- A passion for learning and testing new things.
- Experience in eCommerce or creating copy for retail;
- Degree in Journalism, English Lit., Creative Writing;
- Established network of collaborators;
- In-depth knowledge of fashion/streetwear/outdoor sports apparel.;
- Active: passionate runner, cyclist, skier/snowboarder, hiker etc.;
- Experience using Google Sheets, Google Docs;
- Experience using WordPress, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube;
- Basic Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Photo and/or Video editing skills.
- Medical & dental benefits;
- Employee discounts on 430+ brands;
- Friendly working environment in the heart of Mile-Ex/Little Italy;
- Possibility to travel and create co-branded content on trips;
- Great work-life balance;
- Opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- Strong social activity network within the company;
- Work with talented and brilliant people.