Full time, permanent position
Head Office: 90 Beaubien Ouest, Suite 601A, Montréal, QC, H2S 1V6
Altitude Sports is Canada’s leading eCommerce retailer of well-made, on-trend, technical outdoor apparel and urban clothing. We stock 430+ brands and have a partner discount site Thelasthunt.com. We have ambitious goals for growth and want you to become a member of the team that helps us reach them.
The Demand Planner will be key to our fast-growing organization. We are looking for a numbers-driven individual who can understand, analyze, and clearly communicate trends to our buying team. Their main goal will be to manage and drive the financial success of multiple divisions by meeting sales, margin, and inventory targets that maximize bottom line profitability. This position will report directly to the Buying Director and work closely with our Business Intelligence division (BI).
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage inventory health via preseason buying budgets, in-season replenishment controls, closeout purchases, seasonal sell-through targets, and PO receipts flow;
- Operate and own pricing strategies, manage product life cycles, and manage end of season markdowns;
- Develop and evaluate weekly Merchandise Financial Planning reports. Provide timely and accurate re-projections based on trends to efficiently manage inventory;
- Plan seasonal booking envelope per brands and categories according to past performances.
- Forecast general performance conditions and anticipate customers reaction to different promotions;
- Collaborate with Buying and Marketing teams to develop high-level coordination and execute calculated strategies that support future financial positions and product opportunities;
- Work closely with BI division on automating larger aspects of the buying process to increase speed and statistical quality of purchases along with incorporating human input on trends and qualitative research;
- Monitor and improve the Average Order Value, follow up on best-selling and non-selling items, as well as manage high-return items.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or any other relevant field;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a planning position, with at least 1 year at an eCommerce retailer;
- Solid understanding of inventory management;
- Strong knowledge of mathematics and statistics;
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Expert Excel level;
- Knowledge of computer programming languages including SQL, Python and/or R;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and multi-functional teams;
- Able to perform well under pressure, organize, and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines;
- French and English required.
- Group Insurance Program (medical, dental, paramedical);
- Employee discount on over 430 brands;
- Friendly working environment in the heart of Little Italy;
- Opportunity to work in growing company;
- Running club, Summer BBQ, 5à7 and a variety of other social events;
- Work with talented and passionate people!