Full time, 40 hours per week.
From 9 am to 5 pm.
Head Office: 6600 St-Urbain Street, Montréal, H2S 3G8
Description of The Company
Altitude Sports is a retailer specialized in selling technical apparel online. We are experiencing significant growth in the Canadian market. Our growth plans are ambitious, and we take the steps required to make them happen. Our team is in constant evolution which increases the opportunities for advancement for all employees. In addition to the main website, our web portfolio also includes TheLastHunt.com, the only website entirely dedicated to offering the best discounts in Canada on past season outdoor and urban products. Finally, there is also our blog and a physical store in Mont-Tremblant.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for establishing structures, processes and their execution. His main focus should be on continually improving our web project team’s velocity continuous improvements.
The project manager will be responsible of the creation and the maintenance of the company’s global backlog and the forecasting of all strategic objectives.
At the center of our different teams (IT, marketing, buying, product data management, business intelligence and customer service departments) on every large-scale web projects, the Project Manager will be responsible of protecting the product roadmap deadlines while keeping our agile philosophy and allow quick developments when necessary.
We are searching for a team player who is accustomed to delivering quality website improvements on time and manage expectations.
- Increase our web projects team’s velocity through improvements of our tools and processes;
- Maximize the performance of every team members on each web projects;
- Handle weekly meetings to capture each department needs, report progress and structure the voting process;
- Document product specifications;
- Scope defining, breakdown every project in milestones and tasks and manage the effort estimation process;
- Maintain a clean backlog and support IT in the sprint planning, retrospectives and post-mortem meetings;
- Regularly reports on projects progress, raise flags on bottlenecks and find solutions;
- Works closely with the Product Manager and IT Director for resource planning in respect of the roadmap priorities. Forecast potential planning issues;
- Make regular follow ups with team members and ensure good communication;
- Work closely with every team lead to troubleshoot and handle anomalies;
- QA / Issues management;
- Any other related tasks.
- Concrete achievements in implementing new processes to increase a team’s efficiency;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French;
- 6+ years in web project management experience;
- University degree in project management or any relevant experience;
- Strong social abilities required to deal with every internal customers;
- Strong change management abilities;
- Extensive knowledge on agile project management methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban);
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once;
- Experience with Jira or any similar project management system;
- Basic technological knowledge (API, Sass, etc)
- Experience with Confluence;
- Scrum Master certification;
- Highly structured, organized and meticulous;
- Analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities to better serve the needs of the customers and the company;
- Technical knowledge of the relevant software for the position;
- Experience with Google Analytics;
- Understanding of web marketing concepts;
- Willingness to keep learning and adapting to new technologies;
- Wanting to make a difference and play an important leadership role in an expanding organisation.
- Group Insurance (dental, medical, paramedical);
- Employee discounts on over 300 brands;
- Friendly working environment in the heart of Little Italy;
- Opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- Continuous learning opportunities including courses, events, conferences and trips;
- Opportunity to work with talented people!