Full time, permanent position.
Head Office: 90 rue Beaubien Ouest, Suite 601A
Altitude Sports is Canada’s largest online retailer of high-end technical clothing. We carry products from over 430 brands on Altitude-sports.com as well as our partner site, TheLastHunt.com.
As an Outdoor Footwear Buyer, you will be responsible for viewing and selecting the products that will be sold on Altitude-sports.com. You are on the lookout for new trends and are recognized for your keen sense of negotiation. With the support of the assistant buyer and buying clerks, you will analyze sales, inventory level and adjust as needed. In addition, you will need to build and maintain excellent relationships with our various suppliers. You will also be required to travel a few times a year as part of your duties.
- Preview and select outdoor footwear products that will be sold on Altitude-Sports.com;
- Send out orders while respecting deadlines;
- Negotiate terms of contract with the suppliers;
- Forge and maintain relationships with existing suppliers;
- Source new suppliers for future products;
- Regularly review performance indicators, such as sales;
- Monitor stock levels and adjust upcoming deliveries;
- Provide a list of products to be displayed in our seasonal magazines (Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter);
- Analyze our customers and competitions’ behavior;
- Work closely with different departments.
- Bachelor or College degree in Supply Management or related fields;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an Outdoor Equipment Buyer’s position in the retail industry;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite);
- Perfectly bilingual in French and English, spoken and written;
- Interest and knowledge in outdoor products and activities;
- Interest in new trends;
- Must be able to travel in Canada and in the United States 2 to 4 times per year.
- Recognized for your great negotiation skills;
- Organized with an analytical mind;
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to various situations;
- Takes initiative, with a rigorous and thorough work ethic;
- Can efficiently manage many projects at once;
- Great communicator who works well in team settings.
- Benefits (medical and dental);
- Employee discounts on over 450 brands;
- Friendly working environment in a modern space in the heart of Mile ex area;
- The opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- The possibility to partake in trainings, events and conferences;
- The opportunity to work with talented and brilliant people!