We are looking for a passionate, hard-working recruiter to join our HR team during Altitude Sports’ peak season.
Full time position, 30 to 40 hours per week.
Altitude Sports is Canada’s leading online retailer for outdoor technical apparel and urban fashion. Beyond our main website Altitude-sports.com, the organization also owns TheLastHunt.com, the only online store in Canada dedicated to selling discounted outdoor gear and apparel.
Altitude Sports’ HR team is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic recruiter to help us with our high-season recruitment period of warehouse and customer service employees. The recruiter will be responsible for planning hiring fairs, executing interviews, following up with candidates and opening employee files. This person will split their time between our head office in Montreal’s Little Italy and our warehouse on Chabanel.
- Oversee our mass recruitment period from A to Z;
- Execute background and credit checks for all candidates;
- Open employee files upon hiring;
- Plan, organize and participate in open house, career fairs and speed-interviewing events;
- Responsible for entire transnational/operational side of HR management.
- College diploma in administration or human resources;
- 6 months to 1-year experience in recruitment, with preference for high-volume recruitment;
- Excellent time and priority management skills;
- Great ease with information systems and with technology in general;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in French and in English.
Skills & Abilities
- Professionalism, discretion and rigor;
- Excellent judgement, openness, autonomy and pro-activeness;
- Team spirit et customer service-oriented approach;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent stress-management skills;
- Flexibility, curiosity, and ability to adapt to change;
- Interest in fashion, e-commerce, sports and the outdoors (an asset).
Location & Schedule
- 333 rue Chabanel (warehouse) and 90 Beaubien Ouest (head office);
- Generally Monday to Friday, mostly during the day, as well as certain evenings;
- 30 to 40 hours per week.
- Employee parking (Chabanel Street warehouse)
- Employee discount on merchandise sold by Altitude Sports
- Work alongside a dynamic team.
We are looking for a Buying Clerk to assist our Buying team along each step of the purchase process.
Head Office: 90 rue Beaubien West, Suite 601A, Montréal, Québec, H2S 1V6
Contractual position, 3 months
Altitude Sports is Canada’s leading online retailer for technical apparel and urban fashion. Besides our main Website, we also own TheLastHunt.com, the only website wholly dedicated to discounted outdoor gear and apparel in Canada. We are quickly growing in the Canadian market and our team is expanding!
We are looking for a Buying Clerk to join our dynamic team for a 3-month period. This person will need to be autonomous, resourceful and rigorous as they assist our buyers and assistant buyers with each step of the buying process. This person will work alongside our buying managers, buyers, and assistant buyers.
- Assist our assistant buyers in their daily tasks;
- Enter product orders in our different platforms;
- Follow-up and verify order confirmations;
- Keep our databases up to date;
- Prepare lists of transfers and submit for authorization to assistant buyers.
Skills & Abilities
- Secondary school education (secondaire 5);
- Intermediate Excel skills;
- Thoroughness, precision and excellent priority-management skills;
- Knowledge in buying, supply chain management;
- An interest for fashion, e-commerce and the outdoors (an asset).
- A welcoming work environment in the heart of Montreal’s Little Italy;
- Staff discount on merchandise;
- Being part of a young, dynamic and growing team!
The Warehouse Manager will oversee the daily operations at our Chabanel Street warehouse as well as continuously improve our various KPIs.
Full time, permanent position
Warehouse: 333 rue Chabanel Ouest, Suite 705, Montréal, Québec
Altitude Sports is Canada’s largest online retailer of high-end technical clothing. Established in 1999, we carry products from over 430 brands via our online Web stores, Altitude-Sports.com and our liquidation site TheLastHunt.com.
In collaboration with the Director of Operations, the DC Manager will oversee the daily operations of the warehouse, manage the human and material resources, as well as ensure the health and safety of the workplace.
- Plan and manage the daily operations at the DC;
- Maintain and improve KPIs for each department and quickly identify any decline in productivity (picking and shipping, reception, returns)
- Contact, negotiate with, and purchase from our equipment and material suppliers;
- Maintain regular contact and positive business relationships with our transporters;
- Identify issues and recommend improvements in order to maintain the sustainable growth of our operational procedures;
- Develop a five-year plan in order to support organizational growth and strategic development with regards to our business objectives (expansion plans, improving our procedures, identifying automation needs, etc.)
- Participate in planning staffing needs, by hiring new employees in collaboration with the human resources department;
- Oversee performance evaluations, conflict resolution, and apply disciplinary measures when needed;
- Ensure and enforce workplace health and safety rules;
- Prepare and lead group meetings, with supervisors and/or all warehouse employees.
- Degree in Management, Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management
- 5 to 10 years experience in a similar position (supply chain, planning, inventory management, distribution center environment)
- At least 2 years experience in the e-commerce industry;
- At least 5 years experience working with a WMS or an ERP
- 2 to 5 years experience in an automated warehouse setting;
- Great knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Great ease with information systems;
- Excellent relational and communication abilities;
- Experience in personnel management (knowledge of Labour Standards, Health and Safety);
- Bilingual in French and English, spoken and written;
- Experience within the fashion industry (an asset).
Knowledge and Abilities
- An analytical mind and ability to identify key problems and needs;
- Ability to define a strategy and elaborate an action plan;
- Autonomy and ability to manage change.
- Benefits (medical and dental);
- Employee discounts on over 450 brands;
- Friendly working environment;
- Opportunity to evolve professionally in a growing company;
- Work with talented and brilliant people!